Hundreds of million people are exposed to toxic mold on a daily basis, without being aware of it.
Mold grows behind the walls, below floors, in bathrooms, in corners, between bathroom tiles, and it causes crippling effects on our health.
Mold can weaken the immune system, and cause serious health issues. Some mold types release poisonous, invisible chemicals called mycotoxins, which are highly difficult to destroy.
They contaminate the entire home from the furniture to the clothes, entering our body, and distressing the immunity, joints, the nervous system, and more.
Molds also generate allergens and irritants that cause various reactions linked to sensitivities.
Yet, since the symptoms of chronic mold toxicity are similar to the ones of other conditions and syndromes, this condition is often misdiagnosed and mistaken for fibromyalgia, Lyme Disease, Celiac Disease, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and more.
These are the most commons symptoms of mold toxicity:
- Joint pain
- Blurred vision
- Neurocognitive problems
- Sleep issues
- Brain Fog/Confusion/Memory loss
- Mood issues
- Auto-immune issues
- Inflammatory problems
- Numbness and tingling
- Sensitivity to light
- GI problems/food sensitivities
- Weight Fluctuation
If you wonder about the reason for the appearance of mold in your home, you should know that 50% of the buildings have water damage, and mold grows in damp, poorly ventilated areas.
It can also start with a leak in the roof or dirty HVAC systems, and it can develop anywhere the water travels.
Moreover, there are also mold types that develop in dry and arid climates. There are also molds found in foods like nuts, coffee, wine, grains, chocolate.
Toxic mold exposure leads to severe health issues, so in order to prevent them, you should try to solve the issue on time. As soon as you remove the mold, your body will recover and return to normal.
If you suspect a mold exposure in the home, you should test your environment. Bring samples from your home and office and do the ERMI (Environmental Relative Moldiness Index) test, initially developed by the EPA.
If the results are positive, you should find an experienced mold remediation professional who will determine the causes of mold. Then, repair the leaks and remove mold, and test once more to check if the space is safe.
Then, find a doctor trained in the Shoemaker Protocol or someone familiar with mold illness to help you detoxify the body. You should focus on foods that do not contain or feed fungus and avoid sugars and carbohydrates.
You can also take supplements that support the recovery and removal of toxins, such as Glutathione, and activated charcoal.